19 September 2006

GOOOOOAAAAAAL!!! Revisited

Okay, after a nice long night of not really sleeping but not really being awake either, I realize this is bothering more than I am willing to admit. I spent the night in dreams about people living in acronyms and houses the size of monopoly hotels on steroids (and just as red). I knew it was my fault and I had to fix it, but like anything, it has to be done piece by piece. So, the first piece of rebuilding this subdivision of goals is to break things up into different pieces Needs (N) verses Want (W), and Time (T) verses Money (M), and then provide a 1 - 3 priority, 1 being the highest. Maybe then I can get some sleep once I have an idea of what I should be doing now as opposed to trying to do everything now.

Needs should always take priority over wants 99.9% of the time, so here are the highest priority wants that have no monetary requirement or time:

Needs
Read Scriptures Daily
Pray Constantly
Increase vocabulary
Be in bed every night by 10:00pm

Needs with Time (I can do these because I'm not restrained by budget and can be done now)
Priority 1:
Read BOM in Spanish
Get SS02 Finished
Do my callings
Write/Keep up in my journal
Get finances straightened out
Transcribe notes out of Lost Christianities and into the computer
Get notes, dreams, ideas out of the small journals into the computer
Get my Young Woman Personal Progress Requirements met
Get mission Statement written and printed


Priority 2:
Exercise regularly
Create my own religion
Write up process for mission statement for the Ensign


Needs with Money (Will have to budgeted and then put on hold until I can afford it)
Priority 1:
Buy a house

Needs with Money & Time
Priority 1
Get healthy

Wants with Time
Priority 1:
Get up at 5:00-5:30 to work every morning
Become better read
Read lost scriptures


Priority 2:
Write Journal Article for New Era
Create origami Christmas Tree Ornaments
Stay on top of Sunday School Lesson
Learn and regularly practice Yoga
Continue research into Spare Parts
Read every night before bed
Keep up with Psyche Stew
Make a good showing on Tolavta
Write my opinion letter to Feinstein
Be active in a community organization


Priority 3:
clicker train Sammy
Get dream about amnesia chick written into a screenplay
Read more! Stop watching so much TV


Wants with Money
Priority 2:
Go back to School
Go to Italy

Wants with Time and Money requirements
Priority 1:
Start my own company

I'm looking at this an it appears that a lot of what I have slated under these are more of a to-do list than an actual goal list. Goals to me, are life changing efforts, not tasks on a list that when it's marked off you don't have to deal with it any more. The needs with a priority of 1 though, who didn't see that coming? Read and Pray always..Isn't' that something taught from the pulpit on any given Sunday?

No comments: