03 April 2006

I really should be working....

Well, I really should. I mean, that is what they pay me for.....but there are times when money just doesn't satiate the souls wages. The worth of a soul is great in the eyes of God, but that doesn't feed the endless hunger of this life as the physical drains the spiritual of the intangibles to decorate the temporal psyche. Right now, my soul feels like the fog as it lumbers over the Golden Gate Bridge and wrapping the mental structures in an opaque mist making me feel alone and forgotten on the earth. I know I'm not. The conference calls of the other toilers in my cube farm confirm to my mind that I'm not alone, but my soul, my soul cries for recognition and fulfillment. I've always thought chocolate was the answer, and I still manage to kid myself that it is, but true soul wealth has to come from the outside in, stemming the hemorrhaging of the body draining the soul of ectoplasm until it can no long support the body and it slumps in defeat and exhaustion in the ergonomic, pneumontically adjustable chair.

I think work is the culprit. Yes, I should be working to pay the bills, but not at the cost of robbing my soul of it's wealth. Robin Hood had it right, steal from the rich of the world and give to the poor of soul, it's the only way to live. Except, no tights, which is even better.

No comments: