31 October 2011

A New Trick for Halloween

I haven't planned on a costume this year.  Not that I've dressed up in dog years, but I think about it from time to time.  But this year, I think for a new trick, I will peel off a layer of my mask for a treat.  I've been pulling out the bulldozers and excavators to try and figure out why I'm not what I want to be, what I feel I'm supposed to be.  Mostly books have been my tool of choice so now I'm trying to gird my loins and actually start doing some of the things the learned authors are telling me to do.  So, for this Halloween, I'm going to try and take off my mask and see how long it takes me to get scared before I have to put it back on.  We all wear them, we have our work mask, our friendly mask, our pious mask and our flirty one.  We've used them from the start of our ascent into adulthood as a way to protect our inner child, and we become dependent upon them....okay, maybe the dependence is only me.  So, who's with me?  Is the world ready for that much truth?  Happy Halloween!

No comments: