01 May 2011

Ding Dong Osama's Dead - A Phliosophical Dichotomy

Okay, first let me say it: I'm glad he's dead!  I'm a little ashamed of that though.  Before you start gnashing your teeth and start swearing at me for my lack of patriotism hear me out....

Just about ten years ago the twin towers fell.  Footage from around the world showed people celebrating the destruction and death of New York City. We were mourning and the world was happy we were finally taken down a peg.  I don't want to be one of them.  I don't want to celebrate death of a nation/group/person because I don't want to be so arrogant to think that other people are less human or more deserving of death than I do.  What makes me different from Osama in my beliefs that he's wrong.

Yet, Ding Dong Osama's dead!  May he rest in pieces.

No comments: