15 May 2011

Tomorrow Is Always A Day Away

Little Orphan Annie sings that song in the play.  The thing of it is, it's always a day away.  It's never the now.  I have so many grand plans for the ever elusive tomorrow that I give myself on a pass for today.  I'll get up earlier tomorrow.  I'll get my room straightened out tomorrow.  I'll find a job tomorrow.  I'll train Sammy how to poop on command tomorrow.  I'll read a book tomorrow.  I'll get my laundry done tomorrow.  I'll shower tomorrow.  I'll take care of my blood sugar tomorrow.  I'll be happy tomorrow.  I'll be better tomorrow.  I won't be tomorrow.  Tomorrow always comes in that fleeting nanosecond between tick and tock before the chimes ring in the new day.  Then it's today, it's now, it's never.  But, there's always tomorrow.

No comments: